Chipotle Deviled Eggs
Creamy deviled eggs with chipotles and fresh cilantro. A spicy twist on the classic.
- 10 Each eggs
- 2 tbsp red onion minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped finely
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp chipotles in adobo chopped (include some adobo sauce)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Smoked Paprika (optional for garnish)
Add eggs to a large pot and add water until the eggs are covered. Bring to a very light simmer and turn off the heat. Put the lid on the pot and let sit for 20 minutes. Let eggs cool in an ice bath.
Crack the shells off the eggs. Cut in half the long way and put yolks in a small bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork.
Add the red onion, cilantro, mayo, chipotles in adobo and salt. Mix with a spoon.
Spoon the egg mixture into the empty egg white shells. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and smoked paprika.
- Cut the chipotle amount in half if sensitive to spice.
- To make the eggs in an instant pot set the timer for 5 minutes on manual high mode. Do quick release and transfer to an ice bath.
- For a fancier presentation use a pastry bag.