Vegan Curried Carrot Soup with Fresh Cilantro
Creamy carrot soup with coconut milk, sweet onions, curry, and topped with fresh cilantro and vegan yogurt.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (13.5 oz. can)
- 1 lb. large carrots, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- vegan yogurt
- fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Heat a skilled to medium and saute onions in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add broth, coconut milk, carrots, curry powder, salt, dried ginger, and a pinch of cayenne. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a blender, food processor, or immersion blender, blend until smooth. Simmer for 20 minutes..
- Top with yogurt and fresh cilantro.