The proper way to toast a marshmallow will always be an ongoing American debate. I never understood the patient people that could hold their marshmallow in one spot over a camp fire, turning carefully, until perfectly golden brown. I was that Girl Scout lighting her marshmallow on fire for instant gratification. I love the taste of the charcoal exterior with the hint of lighter fluid. I figured most people prefer their dessert to not give them cancer, so I was gracious enough to make this s’more brownie with a light golden crisp.
These s’more brownies is everything you would expect with a s’mores dessert plus some. You have the crispy graham cracker bottom, gooey chocolate brownie and the perfectly browned marshmallow top. Good luck at letting these last on your counter for more than
What is a S’more
Originally published in the Tramping and Training with the Girl Scouts Magazine as a dessert called “Some More” . It is toasted marshmallows over a campfire sandwiched between 2 graham crackers and a piece of Hersheys chocolate. I can see where the name came from! Who wouldn’t want more?
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1.25 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (9 oz.)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 7" x 11" baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, and salt. Pour into the baking pan and press firmly down on the bottom. Bake for 8 minutes.
- In the same bowl mix together the flour and baking soda.
- In a glass or microwaveable safe bowl, microwave one cup of the chocolate chips and butter at 50% power for 3 minutes, and stir. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Add the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and melted chocolate mixture to the bowl. Mix until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Pour over the cooked graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool for at least 20 minutes. Sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread out the mini marshmallows ontop of the cooked brownies. Broil on high for 30-60 seconds. Let cool compltly before cutting.
Leave a Reply