Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast
French toast stuffed with mascarpone and honey and topped with a brown sugar peach compote
- 12 oz. mascarpone
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 oz. sliced peaches (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 16 slices brioche bread
- 2 cups half and half
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- powder sugar (optional)
- In a small bowl mix the mascarpone with the honey and salt and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, heat the peaches, cinnamon, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and water over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a wide bowl or pan whisk together the half and half, eggs, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Spread the mascarpone cheese mixture over one side of each pieces of bread. Combine 2 pieces of bread together to make sandwiches.
- Dunk each sandwich in the egg mixture for 30 seconds, flip and repeat twice until well soaked.
- Heat a skillet of medium low heat. Add butter to the skillet and cook each sandwich for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked in the center.
- Serve hot with butter, and the warm peach compote. Garnish with powdered sugar.