One Pot Mac and Cheese with Crispy Pancetta
one pot mac and cheese with white cheddar and crispy panchetta
- 16 oz. elbow pasta (1 box)
- 3 cups white cheddar cheese (10oz.)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 oz. pancetta, minced
- Cook elbow pasta according to the instructions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, saute pancetta for 3 minutes over medium high heat, or until crispy. Let pancetta drain on a paper towel lined plate. Drain the grease from the pan.
- Melt the butter and stir in the flour over medium heat. Allow to brown for a minute stirring constantly. Add the milk, salt, and white pepper and continue to stir until thickened (about 5 minutes). Mix in the pasta and shredded cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Top with the cooked pancetta and serve.
Leave a Reply