Nicoise Salmon Salad with Mint and Lemon French Vinaigrette
Baked salmon, fingerling potatoes, green beans, avocado, arugula, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled egg, and green olives, and drizzled with a french vinaigrette.
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 lb. salmon
- 7 oz. arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 12 green olives, cut in half lenthwise
- 3 tbsp shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange cut potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss with hands and bake for 35 minutes or until tender.
- Add the salmon and green beans to the baking pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked in center and green beans are tender. Transfer the salmon and vegetables to the refrigerator and let cool. Carefully break salmon apart with a fork.
- For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients except the oil and let sit. After 10 minutes, slowly pour in olive oil while whisking vigurously.
- To make the salad, arrange the arugula in a plate or bowl and top with the shredded salmon, hard boiled egg, potatoes, green beans, cherry tomatoes, olives, and avocado slices. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
Leave a Reply