vanilla cream sandwitched between two chocolate sugar cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out cookie dough on a floured surface until 1/8 thick. Using the open end of a cup, can, or cookie cutter, cut out cookies.
- Cook cookies on a greased baking sheet for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat the powdered sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract for 3-4 minutes, until fluffy and smooth. Transfer frosting into a pastry bag. If you don't have a pastry bag you can make a 1/2" cut on the tip of the bag.
- The cookies must be completly cooled prior to frosting. Frost 1/2 the cookies and place the other half of the cookies ontop of the frosting to create sandwitches.
Leave a Reply