One of the hardest things about being pregnant for 9 months is not drinking the wine and not eating raw cookie dough. It’s probably a good thing I had no idea how to make edible cookie dough because I would have eaten every single night. One of the things I love about no churn ice cream is how quick and easy it is. I also like the topping to ice cream ratio to be dangerously high.
Why is regular cookie dough dangerous to eat?
Usually people think the egg is the most dangerous part of the cookie dough. Although it is true you can get sick off raw egg, the flour actually can harbor a lot of harmful bacteria. E. Coli has been found in raw flour and can make you very sick. This recipe requires heat treating the flour in the microwave, killing any dangerous bacteria.
What other topping can I mix in?
The vanilla ice cream recipe is a great base to make it your own. Mix in oreos, reese’s peanut butter cup, or strawberry jam. Anything goes!
No Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1.25 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk or half and half
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat the all-purpose flour in the microwave for 2 minutes to kill any bacteria. Mix the heat treated flour, softened butter, brown sugar, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and milk until combined. Mix in 1/3 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet wiht parchment paper. Scoop 1/4 tsp balls of the cookie dough onto the parchment paper and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the cold heavy whipping cream in a medium size bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream just until soft peaks are formed.
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Once combined, pour into a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 3 hours and remove from the freezer. Using a spatula, carefully mix in the frozen cookie dough balls and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for an additional 3 hours, or until fully frozen.
Leave a Reply